PerfecForm® SkyBlue™ High Barrier PVC-FREE Blister Forming Web
Source: Terri Groth: Marketing Communications Manager, Perfecseal
Oshkosh, WI, June 4, 2013 - Perfecseal, a division of Bemis Company, Inc., introduces a new, high barrier PVC-FREE blister forming web, PerfecForm® SkyBlue™. This high barrier blister film is based on polyolefin chemistry, rather than the chlorine chemistry used to produce PVC forming webs.
“After judiciously surveying the needs of the pharmaceutical market, Perfecseal listened and made the commitment to develop an alternative to PVC barrier blister forming webs that were cost effective and environmentally friendly. We’re delighted to report that Perfecseal not only met, but exceeded our highest expectations,” stated Georgia Mohr, Pharmaceutical Segment Director for Perfecseal.
Unlike other barrier blister films, PerfecForm® SkyBlue™ is manufactured via a co-extrusion process as a symmetrical structure. The thickness of the barrier layer, which is sandwiched between co-polyester, determines the overall barrier performance.
According to Chris Osborn, Vice President of R&D for Perfecseal, “Once the pharmaceutical market provided the direction, we were able to leverage our expertise in forming webs and barrier technology. This was a natural fit for Perfecseal to take our expertise into the pharmaceutical arena.”
PerfecForm® SkyBlue™ is designed to be cost effective and provide barrier properties to protect all but the highest barrier requirement product applications.
A global leader in the healthcare packaging markets, Perfecseal specializes in the manufacture of co-extruded films, laminated films, flexible forming films, foil barrier laminations, pouches, bags, thermoformed trays, lids, labels, heat seal coated DuPont™ Tyvek® and heat seal coated medical grades of paper. Perfecseal, a division of the Bemis Company, has facilities located in Oshkosh and New London, WI; Mankato, MN; Philadelphia, PA; San Juan, PR; Londonderry, Northern Ireland; Selangor, Malaysia; and Suzhou, China. Visit our website at www.perfecseal.com.
Bemis Company is a major supplier of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials used by leading food, consumer products, healthcare, and other companies worldwide. Founded in 1858, the Company is included in the S&P 500 index of stocks and reported 2012 net sales of $5.1 billion. The Company’s flexible packaging business has a strong technical base in polymer chemistry, film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing, and converting. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs approximately 20,000 individuals worldwide. More information about the Company is available at our website, www.bemis.com.
DuPont™ and Tyvek® are trademarks or registered trademarks of DuPont.
Bemis Healthcare Packaging News
- Bemis Healthcare Packaging (Perfecseal) to Exhibit at Pharmapack NA in New York, NY, June 10-11, 2014
- Bemis Healthcare Packaging (Perfecseal) to Exhibit Products at the MD&M East Show in New York, NY, June 10-12, 2014
- Perfecseal to Exhibit at Pharmapack Europe, 12-13 February 2014
- Perfecseal to Exhibit Products at the MD&M West Show in Anaheim, CA, February 11-13, 2014
- PerfecForm® OrthoSecure™ Selected by the IoPP as Ameristar Award Winner
- Perfecseal to Exhibit Products at Pack Expo Las Vegas, September 23-25, 2013, Booth #C-558
- Perfecseal High Barrier Flow Wrap Provides Excellent Performance on High Speed Equipment
- PerfecForm® SkyBlue™ High Barrier PVC-FREE Blister Forming Web
- Perfecseal Joins the Healthcare Plastics Recycling Council (HPRC)
- Barex© and Perfecseal’s Alternative to Barex© Sealant Foil Laminations - A Hot Commodity for the Pharmaceutical Industry